What the H*!! Is a Twin Flame??
I am not a twin flame expert, in fact, I am pretty confident that there are no experts that can fully know the whole truth about TF relationships. My goal is only to tell my journey, share information I learn along the way, and lend LOVE and support to anyone that needs it. I also plan to use this experience to help me grow and continue to have love in my life. There are many websites, blogs, and books dedicated to explaining the dynamics of the twin flame experience, and wherever possible I will note sites and sources for you to explore. I will also share posts of inspiration, quotes, tools, music, etc. that have helped me along the way.
I was introduced to the term “Twin Flame” when my best friend’s mom told her to pass the info on to me. You see, my best friend was actually with me the first time my TF and I met, and when we finally came together years later in a formal union, she told her mom the story. Her mom, who we joked about on many occasions, tends to be a bit of a spiritual zealot, and although she is a lovely woman – she can be a bit “out there” sometimes. Interestingly enough, now I understand her madness. To be continued…
If you are searching right now for answers, you will learn of many terms in the spiritual realm. These may include Soul Mate, Soul Groups, Twin Flame, Twin Soul, etc. They all have a place in our life, and each one of us has our own story that may include some of these types of relationships. For my purposes, since I already researched for months on my own situation, the Twin Flame relationship is the main theme that runs throughout my blog. The Twin Flame connection is not a soul mate connection. It is far stronger and it works on a deeper level. Meeting a soul mate is a life-changing experience, but meeting your Twin Flame alters every cell of your being. It transforms you and creates an internal storm and you have no choice but to hold on for dear life.
Before I start my twin flame story, here is a compiled list of 20 signs you have found your Twin Flame:
- You had dreams or visions of this person and/or your energetic relationship before ever meeting in this lifetime.
- Meeting your twin felt like “coming home” to a familiar, long-lost energy. After meeting, you may experience “memories” of other times and places with that person that are not part of this life experience so far.
- It is typical for twin flames to be brought together by synchronous and/or cosmic events.
- Your twin mirrors your own issues, concerns, and imbalances, but you also complement each other’s skill sets, talents, and capacities. You are the ultimate embodiment of yin/yang.
- You feel each other’s symptoms, illnesses, and emotions even when you are not near each other or in communication.
- Your functioning is impaired or much less optimal when you are apart from your twin flame. It physically and mentally hurts when you are not together.
- When you are with your twin and the relationship is in balance, you become stronger, more powerful, and more capable than you have ever felt. You feel united in a mission or “calling” to serve others and the world.
- Your unconditional love for your twin is like no other. He/she is likely to have a certain habit, quality, or “baggage” that would be a deal-breaker for you in any other relationship. However, you overlook it or willingly attempt to work through it — no matter what it takes.
- You met your twin when one or both of you were in other relationships or otherwise “unavailable.” It’s likely that you met when and where you were least consciously expecting it.
- Either you or your twin feared the power of the twin flame connection and ran from the relationship so as not to feel overwhelmed and/or vulnerable. Years may go by before you are both in the “place” to finally commit fully to the relationship.
- Those who run from the twin flame relationship finally “wake up” and realize the significance. This may come as the result of a loss, illness, or other personal catastrophe. It also can happen during times of twin flame separation as well. (More on Runner Dynamic later)
- No matter how many times you break up or separate, forces seems to bring you back together. You see the “signs” and reminders of that twin connection everywhere, urging you back together.
- Your relationship is characterized by extreme highs and lows, including passion and intense pain you’ve most likely never felt before.
- In efforts to unite, harmonize, and balance each other, you “push each other’s buttons” and test each other’s limits like no one else has or ever will.
- Friends, family members, and others in your circle can’t relate to the twin flame drama and always try to get you to move on to someone or something else that seems more logical or better for you “on paper.”
- The growth you experience, the lessons you learn, and the person you become in the twin flame relationship are more significant, happen more rapidly, and are more powerful than any other experience or period of growth in your life.
- You realize that your previous soul mates or other relationships prepared you for the twin flame reunion. Your twin flame may even have or embody a number of the unusual characteristics or outstanding attributes of your previous mates and soul friends.
- You feel as if you’ve been waiting your whole life for this person. When you look back at your life, you see illnesses, sabotaged relationships, or other situations that manifested because you were still waiting and still looking for “the one.”
- The more that you and your twin flame spend time together, the more rapidly and completely you awaken to higher consciousness.
- You have a deep knowing that your twin is your destiny– not just in this lifetime, but also when you ascend, return “home,” and are reunited for eternity.